The Membership Liaison (ML) is a two-year elected position. The ML represents the interests of the general membership and conducts projects and accepts duties as assigned by the President and the Board of Directors. There are two ML positions, elected on alternate years.
- Participates as a member of the Board of Directors attending monthly Board of Director (BOD) meetings and special meetings as scheduled, both onsite (2-3 per year) and via teleconferencing, and reports on the progress of the project every ohter month
- Represents the general membership on issues of interest or concern, particularly those that arise outside of the standing committee structure
- Conducts projects to further the goals of the organization or to develop services for the membership. Serves as chair of any ad hoc committee formed to develop these projects if needed
- Provides a minimum of once-a-year submission to the Chair of the Publications/Website Committee for use in the ASPE Quarterly (membership newsletter)
- Assists with conference and meeting planning and production.
- Attends ASPE Annual Conferences and reports on progress at first conference of term and reports on completion of project at second conference of term
- Participates and assists in facilitation of town hall meetings
- Develops and submits a budget to VP of Finance if needed
- Listens to membership and communicate their issues, needs and interests to the Board of Directors
- Identifies potential problems and opportunities
- Works effectively toward common goals as a team member
- Sets objectives and develop action plans for selected and/or assigned projects
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills