The president of ASPE is a two-year position served after the President-Elect position has been successfully filled for one year. The general responsibility of the President is to oversee all ASPE events and projects and to contribute to the direction of the ASPE organization. The President will serve as Past President after the two-year term as President.
- Participates as a member of the Board of Directors attending monthly Board of Director (BOD) meetings and special meetings as scheduled, both onsite (2-3 per year) and via teleconferencing.
- Participates as chair and member of the ASPE Executive Committee, leading monthly meetings via teleconferencing.
- Plans agendas for all BOD meetings and Executive Committee meetings, in conjunction with the Vice-President for Operations.
- Works closely with all Standing Committee Chairs regarding committee needs, issues and progress.
- Works closely with the Association Manager and the Executive Committee on all association details, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Legal issues
- Financial commitments & contracts
- General Problem-solving
- Oversees all meeting planning for annual membership meeting.
- Develops agenda (with the Vice-President for Operations) and conducts the annual Membership Business Meeting.
- Develops and implements planning for the achievement of the ASPE mission and the on-going goals of the organization.
- Continues to develop and support the organization' s long-range vision.
- Arranges and chairs all planning and ancillary meetings of the BOD.
- Arrives at all meetings early for preplanning.
- Attends ASPE Annual Conferences, Membership Business Meetings, and related Board meetings.
- Attends AAMC annual meetings and other national and/or international medical education meetings, as possible, to promote ASPE.